This video report portrays what can happen when economic times turn bad.

According to the report, Greek fascists and far rightists are responsible for savage attacks on protesters, as well on immigrants. They have also infiltrated the police. Gays and others outside the “mainstream” are also threatened.

Caution: brief displays of graphic violence throughout

0 0 votes
Article Rating
12 Comments
Newest
Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Scottv
Scottv
8 years ago

Fascists are not far right, they are socialists. They are not agitating for free markets.

Michael Theodosiadis
8 years ago
Reply to  Scottv

Fascists are far-right corporatists.

Uncle Albert
Uncle Albert
8 years ago

Cops, not “police”, please. “Police” serve the polis, the people, Cops serve the powerful. Cops are. more or less inescapably and by definition, fascists. That said, even they are generally better than no cops and some of them are even nice people, most of the time.

JayGoldenBeach
JayGoldenBeach
8 years ago

Hope nothing like that gets so bad here in the US because so many citizens are armed that the fed govt would have to send troops into cities and counties to stifle the unrest – and I mean Abrams tanks rolling down Main Street. It would get ugly fast which is why our One-Percenter overlords wiould probably – hopefully – keep things from getting too bad. But we shall see.

Orangutan.
8 years ago

Yes, Greece has many problems, including the issues highlighted in the video. However, I’d be more concerned about how they killed 11 million people.

Fuss
Fuss
8 years ago
Reply to  Orangutan.

Yes, Greece has many problems…However, since I have NOTHING to say about this at all, I will just post a link to something else without making clear what the connection is. That’s my contribution!

Orangutan.
8 years ago
Reply to  Fuss

Well the fascism in Greece represents a symptom of the breakdown of society. My wording was a play off of ts_3000’s comment about the people at the top of the society who cause the breakdown. My video was about how historically societies break down and what steps we can lay out to avoid them. It also touches on how we can avoid these types of breakdowns where extremism and people like Michele Bachmann come to power. I love this topic. That’s why I felt like contributing. It’s happening in Greece. It happened in Germany. And there’s symptoms of it happening here in America as well.

eclipse
eclipse
8 years ago
Reply to  Orangutan.

and there is nothing whatsoever anyone can do about it. you cant stop the historical momentum. just enjoy the show.

Orangutan.
8 years ago
Reply to  eclipse

I don’t like your pessimism, but if that’s what you enjoy I hope you enjoy it. Take care.

ts_3000
ts_3000
8 years ago

Yes, Greece has many problems, including the issues highlighted in the video. However, I’d be more concerned about the Iron Triangle

trackback
4 years ago

Title

[…]that could be the finish of this report. Here you will uncover some web-sites that we assume you’ll appreciate, just click the links over[…]

trackback

Title

[…]the time to study or pay a visit to the content or internet sites we have linked to beneath the[…]

Relevant, in-depth journalism delivered to you.
Name(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.