Time for the Boomer Remover? - WhoWhatWhy

Time for the Boomer Remover?

Ted Rall, cartoon
Photo credit: Ted Rall for WhoWhatWhy
Reading Time: < 1 minute

16 responses to “Time for the Boomer Remover?”

1. Suzanne Lander says:

The headline seems like unrelated click-bait. It would better be called “Boomer Mama Remover.” Obviously, the Republican Boomer in the chair is telling his elderly mother that she should die so as to not inconvenience him!

2. George Cloud says:

Being of the millennial generation, and speaking as a human as well, I do not want to sacrifice a single person no matter what age. This idea was promoted by the upper 1% and people that are in fact boomers themselves, that put their wealth before others. They don’t have parents or grandparents that are being put at risk. They have the money to buy a hospital bed and a ventilator. Don’t blame millennials, genX, genZ, Boomers whatever. This solution was provided by them (1%) to breed distrust in us.

3. Rita says:

Like me, I think most of the baby boomers’ children will say you try that with my parents and I guarantee you you will go first.

4. Damien says:

Drop the silly advertising segmented titles like GenX or Boomer designed to divide and try Human. An accurate description of our family ,neighbor and fellow citizens.
    This country is built on genocide, let’s not add to our shame because of this Covid 19 infection?

5. Snake Dizard says:

Merrylee
    What are you even talking about? Did you read the cartoon?
    This is highlighting how horrible the suggestion is, and it wasn’t millennials who made the suggestion.

6. Boomer says:

I for one have no intention what so ever of “going gently into the night”.

7. Attani says:

Try that with my parents and I assure you, you will go first.

8. Jerry withers says:

As a boomer, all I can say is AFTER YOU!

9. Guy W Salsburg says:

con·tend
    /kənˈtend/
    Learn to pronounce
    verb
    struggle to surmount (a difficulty or danger).
    “she had to contend with his uncertain temper”
    Similar:
    cope with
    face
    grapple with
    deal with
    take on
    pit oneself against
    resist
    withstand
    assert something as a position in an argument.
    “he contends that the judge was wrong”

Don’t you mean “to defy mother nature”?

But we do that every day with Rx drugs, vaccines, surgery, modes of transportation (that defy norms of nature), technology, experiments, etc etc etc.

10. Meryllee says:

Ok, Millennials are willing to sacrifice their parents. Doesn’t surprise me at all. I recently read, can’t prove it accurate, that as much as 20% of American Millennials do not SPEAK to their parents at all. Have essentially abandonded them anyway, why not just let them die?
    Much to our daughter’s disappointment, WE plan to survive and thrive. As her portfolio’s value plunges. Oh well.

11. Joni Berry says:

Ok, for those who are arithmetically challenged the Boomer generation started in 1946. That means no one older than 74 can be considered a Boomer. My mother is 86 and my mother-in-law is 94, both lived through WWII. Obviously they are not Boomers yet they are the most likely to die from this pandemic.

12. Ed Rawson says:

Nature’s way of culling the herd.

13. Eileen N Carlan says:

Carl, they’re talking about the Baby Boomer generation, most of whom are old now. It’s been said that the old are more likely than the young to die from COVID-19 infection, so this virus will remove the “Boomers.”

14. Leslie Ayers says:

It just warms my heart to know that despite the fact I served my country for 36 years, that my government or my country doesn’t deem me worthy to live or to be treated if I do happen to get the virus. Talk about being stabbed in the back! So many of us now over 60, volunteered to serve our country in our younger years and now in our retirement years, when a huge medical crisis comes along, they feel no need to treat us like we matter. If President Trump and Mike Pence and other Republicans over the age of 60 sacrafice themselves (i.e. lay down their lives) for the country, then maybe me and others over 60 would consider following their example but we all know our Republican politicans wouldn’t do anything to sacrifice themselves for our country.

15. Bill Jones says:

It’s very foolish to contend with mother nature

16. Carl Bailey says: