RadioWHO: Russ Baker on Chicago’s Stocks and Jocks Radio

Reading Time: 1 minute

whowhatwhy.org Editor-in-Chief Russ Baker appeared on Chicago-based Stocks and Jocks radio, discussing the brewing Iraq crisis and the current state of media coverage with hosts Kathy Dervin and Kevin Riordan. Russ talks about the American government’s M.O. when it comes to wars, who benefits and how the public is always taken by surprise. Hear why a lot of people aren’t getting what they need from the press, and why many don’t know—or care. Listen in here:

THUMBNAIL: Radio Catalog

[box] WhoWhatWhy plans to continue doing this kind of groundbreaking original reporting. You can count on us. Can we count on you? What we do is only possible with your support. Please click here to donate; it’s tax deductible. And it packs a punch.[/box]

6 responses to “RadioWHO: Russ Baker on Chicago’s Stocks and Jocks Radio”

1. Dr Professor Fred Russell, OBE says:

It was a really good interview. Tom Haugh, the host of the show, is one of those Chicago guys who you would think is just a regular joe, but who has a really powerful and insightful mind and strong moral compass. You don’t hear voices like his (or yours) on most business and investment oriented shows, yet those are the ones most needed in these dark days.

I’m glad to have heard the two of you talking.

2. kevin says:

Oh and I also meant to compliment the idea that WhoWhatWhy studies the influence of propaganda on society. I definitely am looking forward to content on that. Below is a different website (that I also like) that talks about Edward Bernays – Sigmund Freud’s cousin – who was a master of propaganda.

3. kevin says:

Another very good interview Russ. I very much like that you mentioned WhoWhatWhy feels it has a responsibility to “engage the public”. A very important detail!

4. BillFranklins says:

Great quote, Russ: “We really care about what we put into our bodies, but we don’t seem to care about what we put into our minds”… – (his interview begins at 27:40 of the radio broadcast)

5. kevin says:

6. $105101241 says:

– (his interview begins at 27:40 of the radio broadcast)

7. kevin says: